Interior Design Intern
Are you an Interior Design student looking for hands-on experience?
Our team is looking for a passionate and excited Design Intern who is detail oriented, warm spirited, and experienced in drafting to work at our office to work in and learn about the Design Build industry.
Thayer Construction is a Corvallis based design build remodel company with high standards. We’re growing and are interested in having more help planning our renovations and additions.
About the Position:
We are looking for someone who has experience in drafting on Revit.
This would be a part time position working and learning under design. In the winter, assistance on administrative duties may be included. And in the Spring, the opportunity to move to a full time position.
- Accompany initial consultations with prospective clients to gather information and provide input on the project.
- Accompany measuring meetings.
- Create accurate construction drawings on Revit.
- Work with our team to recommend design styles that accomplish the client’s goals and preferences and selecting and specifying products.
- Obtain estimates from subcontractors and vendors.
- Everything else needed to get a construction planned and off the ground!
- Experience in drafting interiors in Revit.
- Understand and draw floor plans, elevations, cabinetry, tile, and electrical layouts.
- Must have good communication, job coordination, and supervisory skills.
- Organizational skills to ensure deadlines are met.
- Must maintain a professional image, demonstrate a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- The ability to interact and communicate with crews, subcontractors and clients is crucial to this position.
You’ll benefit from our:
- Year round work.
- Great pay and performance bonuses.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Local Corvallis work.
- Grateful clients and fun projects!
This is not a remote job.